Visa information

Flying to Austarlia

All visitors to Australia must have a valid visa to travel to and enter Australia (other than New Zealand passport holders who will normally be granted a Special Category visa on arrival, provided they meet health and character requirements).
The following information has been drawn from the Australian Government Business Event Factsheet.


Letter of Invitation

If you require a formal letter of invitation to the conference please email info@AsRES.net with your full name and address and we will be able to send you a signed personal invitation in pdf format. 

Visa options

If visiting Australia for a business event such as a conference, you need to apply for a visa. The passport which you hold determines whether you can apply online, or if you need to lodge a paper-based application. The following information will help you identify the right visa and application process.

Electronic Travel Authority (ETA)

Passport holders from a number of countries are also eligible to apply for an Electronic Travel Authority (ETA) (Subclass 601) to travel to and enter Australia. If you are coming to Australia for a business event, the most appropriate ETA is the ETA (Business Stream) (Subclass 601).
ETA eligible countries
If you are a passport holder from the following countries, you can apply for an ETA through a travel agent, airline, specialist service provider or Australian visa office outside Australia:
Brunei Canada Denmark Finland France Germany Greece Hong Kong (SAR)* Iceland Ireland Italy Japan
Malaysia The Netherlands Norway Portugal Singapore South Korea Spain Sweden Switzerland Taiwan** United Kingdom - British Citizen United Kingdom - British National (Overseas) United States of America.

* A Hong Kong Document of Identity (HKDI) cannot be used to apply for an ETA. If you are a resident of Hong Kong, you will need a citizen passport to apply for this visa.
** Holders of Taiwan passports in Taiwan can apply through an approved ETA travel agent in Taiwan. If you have a Taiwan passports and you are applying from outside Taiwan, you should approach your closest Australian visa office.
Travel agencies, airlines or specialist service providers could choose to charge a fee to arrange an ETA on your behalf.

If you are a passport holder from the following countries you can also apply for an ETA online through the ETA website.
Brunei Malaysia Canada Singapore Hong Kong (Special Administrative Region) * South Korea Japan United States of America
There is no visa application charge for ETA applications lodged online but a service fee of $AUD20 is charged for use of the ETA website.
See: www.eta.immi.gov.au/

Visitor (Business Stream) visa (Subclass 600)

Passport holders not eligible for an eVisitor or an ETA can apply for the Visitor (Business Stream) visa (Subclass 600).
Passport holders from a number of countries are eligible to apply online.
See: www.immi.gov.au/visas/visitor-visa/

If you are not eligible to apply online, you should use Form 1415 Application for a Visitor (Business Stream) visa (Subclass 600)
See: www.immi.gov.au/allforms/pdf/1415.pdf

To obtain the application document checklist for a Visitor (Business Stream) visa (Subclass 600)
See: www.immi.gov.au/visas/visitor/_pdf/600-document-checklist.pdf

To find the nearest Australian visa office to your current place of residence. See: www.immi.gov.au/contacts/overseas/index.htm

More information on this visa is available on the website.
See: www.immi.gov.au/visas/visitor/600/applicants.htm


        Contacts:       A/Prof Clive Warren
Tel:                +61 7 3364 8169
Email:            info@asres.net